We are looking for a Ministry Coach who is excited by the work of providing personalized coaching to foster care ministry leaders as they launch and lead ministries in their local communities.
We care about the Church, and we care about the foster care community. We want to see the two connected. Our foster care ministry leaders are on the ground trying to do just that. They are passionate about equipping local churches to meet the physical, relational, and spiritual needs of the foster care community.
You get to be the person who helps channel this passion into workable goals so that ideas can become reality. You get to provide coaching on how to build and grow relationships with church leadership, foster care agency staff, and a team of volunteer leaders. You get to offer support and encouragement when days in ministry are challenging, and share in the wins when God does something amazing.
Do you often find yourself acting as a counselor asking thoughtful questions to better understand what someone thinks, believes, and feels? When you see a new problem, is your brain already working on breaking it down into smaller, more manageable steps? Does your passion to see people experience Jesus in deeper ways drive your ambitions? If so, this position might just be for you!
- When people describe you, words like humble and teachable are at the top of the list.
- You love the local church and get excited about engaging it in foster care ministry.
- You are energized by people, relationships, and processes, excelling at follow-up and follow-through.
- You hold the same beliefs as TFI firmly and aren’t afraid to lovingly encourage leaders to live by them too.
- You view obstacles as opportunities for growth.
- You recognize that you don’t have all the answers but are proactive in learning more.
- You listen to understand, not only to respond.
- You are a strategic thinker who seeks the best solutions to complex problems.
- You see the power of online platforms and get pumped about connecting with people virtually.
- You take pride in responding to requests in a timely manner.
- You are constantly looking for new ways to develop yourself and others by giving and receiving feedback.
- You understand when to speak up and when to stay quiet when talking with others.
- You enjoy walking with people with compassion and care.
- You are able to flex to whatever the situation calls for.
The Cherry on Top:
- You’ve served in a ministry leadership role and understand what it’s like on the ground.
- You have a knack for understanding people and their perspective though you may not personally share the same opinion or experience.
- You’ve interacted with the foster care community in a personal way, such that you can empathize with agency workers, foster parents, biological parents, and children.
- You can juggle multiple projects in various stages of progress while remaining flexible and open to change.
- You have experience with a variety of leadership tools geared toward identifying strengths and leading a team.
This role is located at the TFI Office in Bloomington, IL, but remote may be considered for exceptional candidates.