Every quarter, our National Team gets together at an Offsite. Sometimes these meetings are overnight–just like the one we had this month–or just a whole day. This is a time we use to:
- Connect as a team and focus on organizational health
- Review past quarter and set goals for upcoming quarter
For us there are 3 areas we focus on to develop goals for our quarter and keep in front of us—then report on updates each week; we call them our Pillars
- Serve Advocate Network–that’s you! We are constantly thinking about how we can serve you, equip you, connect you to each other, resource you…and so on. We want you to know we are in your corner, we are lifting up your arms and CHEERING YOU ON as you serve in your community.
- Increase Awareness and Encouragement–we do this through the TFI podcast, blog, Facebook page and speaking engagements.
- Grow and sustain donor relationships—last quarter our goal was to raise $100,000. Honestly, I was pretty low on faith. It just felt so big. But GOD. When the final tally came in, we raised MORE than our goal at a whopping $114,000! God is faithful!
A couple years ago, I read a book called MISSION DRIFT. I learned that, “Without careful attention, faith-based organizations will inevitably drift from their founding mission.” One of my most important roles in TFI is to make sure we stay on Mission–that we keep the main thing, the main thing. We must always keep in mind why we do what we do and WHO we do it for…Jesus. Jesus is our WHY and Jesus is our WHO. Our 2nd–WHY- is to bring joy and purpose—to SHOW JESUS to our WHO – men, women and children in foster care both in our communities and across our nation!
- “Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people. 24 Remember that the Lord will give you an inheritance as your reward, and that the Master you are serving is Christ.” Colossians 3:23-24
- I think this is a good place to start, don’t you? Let’s do this together!!
- Tracking for 2017 is COMPLETE! Thank you so much for taking the time to finish up tracking for last year. It has been so awesome to see how God moved through His people.As we look into 2018–our next tracking is due in…June…summertime…when kids are home, yikes! I want to challenge you to track as you go. Keep all your notes up-to-date in OneNote and when June comes, you’ll almost be done and don’t need to take too much time away from summer goings-on! Little steps now will make a big impact on your June 🙂
- We are making some simple logo updates! The heart behind this is to a Branded House and not a “house of brands.” As we start implementing new programs and projects it has started to get fuzzy with adding new icons and colors to the brand. We will implement changes to documents and things slowly and update you as they happen.
- During Christmas many of you asked about Gift in Honor Cards. These would be used when a donor is giving a gift to TFI in honor of a friend or family member, rather than buying them a gift. These Gift in Honor Cards are on the website resource page AND the TFI Donation Page.
- Aaaaand one last thing — we’ll be sending out your invitations to the Retreat, so be on the lookout for those in the next couple weeks and we cannot wait to see you in person!!