I want to start out with a verse I read this morning, Psalm 68:5-6
“Father to the fatherless, defender of widows—this is God, whose dwelling is holy. God places the lonely in families; he sets the prisoners free and gives them joy. But he makes the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.”
When I read these verses because TFI is a family ministry and God cares about the lonely and He puts the lonely in families. We can be assured God is in the movement. We can also be assured the enemy is aware of what is going on and we must be on guard. We are in a battle for souls.
Our pledge is to show Jesus to those who feel forgotten by serving agency workers, foster parents, vulnerable adults and children.
Children are the most vulnerable and they often have no voice at all. I love that at TFI we also focus on the worker and the parent because when you focus on a worker, for example, you positively affect a child–who is the most vulnerable. So we get to impact more people, by impacting one!
Let’s always remember that God is here, He is with you. You do not need to wear the burden of this ministry on your shoulders, it is not your job. He is the hero, not us. We also have an enemy who seeks like kill our joy, destroy our families and ruin everything. We must be on guard, we are in a battle. Let us stay so connected to the One we can trust.
1. Your 2018 tabs on OneNote are ready to use! Have you started using them for tracking yet? You should have already completed all your notes for January and February.
Remember my challenge from January—for your sanity in June—keep things updated monthly so you don’t need to spend tons of time figuring out things later.
2. Reminder! We release a new graphics pack every month! You can find them each month on the Resource Page under “Social Media”
3. We now have a page on our website that will link people to purchase TFI t-shirts or Gobena coffee! It’s located under the “Make a Difference Tab.”
4. Last month we told you on Facebook LIVE something super exciting—that we have written a children’s book series! This series is for children in foster care and focused on all the people in their lives that love and care for them. Check out wholovesseries.org for more info!
We will be starting to promote these books for pre-order on March 15th and they will officially be for sale on May 1st. We would LOVE to have you join us in promoting the book series.
Be on the lookout for a promotion packet on March 15th if you want to be a part of the official Promo Team.
5. Don’t forget to share your celebration stories with us! We would love to know how God is working in your community. Email us or call the Google Voice number (815-617-9068) and leave a message!
6. And one last thing–We would love to see you at this year’s Retreat in September. RSVPs are needed back by March 20th!